Google has several metrics that can be utilized to rank a website for competitive terms even without backlinks. In order to help you comprehend the strategies for ranking without backlinks and ensure that your website ranks high in search engines, we will be discussing them.
This involves using internal linking to direct visitors to the most important pages on your website. When a page has numerous internal links pointing to it, Google considers it more relevant and therefore, attempts to rank it higher.
The second most underutilized strategy for ranking in search engines is a good combination of technical and on-page SEO strategies. On-page SEO is an excellent option because it is affordable and allows you to have control over the results. Here are the things you should focus on:
- Optimize your title tag, H1 tag & meta description. Ensure that you have enough H1-H6 tags. Use relevant keywords in your title tags or meta descriptions, and ensure that they are diversified.
- URLs and titles should be clear, concise, direct, and fully optimized. Your URL strings should target high-volume keywords, but it’s advisable to target low-competition keywords initially until your site is fully developed.
- Optimize images with alt text and EXIF information.
- Implement schema markup for your pages.
- Include outbound backlinks from external sources to other high-quality resources.
- Optimize your sitemap for both crawlers and site structure.
- Install an SSL Certificate on your website.
- Fully implement Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Focus on page speed, load speeds, and other Core Web Vitals (CWV).
- Optimize your local SEO, including Google Maps.
- Ensure that your keyword density is similar to that of other top-ranking websites.
- Keep your bounce rates and dwell time low. As long as you can identify user search intent, this will signal search engines that your website is relevant for specific keyword rankings.
This post was written by Kristian D’An. Kristian is the owner and SEO Specialist at Lux Digital Marketing, an SEO St Petersburg company. Kristian has been optimizing websites successfully for over 7 years. He has helped his clients achieve the #1 position on Google in several different industries.