Digital Marketing gives marketers the ability to take advantage of the internet and digital technologies like desktops, mobile phones, and other digital media to advertise their products and services to audiences across the world. Considering how digital marketing will never be enough, digital marketers, a career within the domain, is considered a highly lucrative one. In this article, we’ll cover some important digital marketing interview questions that’ll help you take the next step in your career.
First, in this digital marketing interview questions article, let’s start with SEO.
Digital Marketing Interview Questions
1. Briefly explain Digital Marketing.
Marketing professionals can use any form of marketing that uses electronic devices or a digital mode to deliver promotional messaging and track its effectiveness throughout the consumer journey. In practice, digital marketing refers to advertising that appears on a computer, phone, tablet, or another type of electronic device. Online video, display ads, SEO, paid social ads, and social media posts are just a few examples. Digital marketing is usually contrasted with traditional marketing strategies, including magazine ads, billboards, and direct mail.
2. What are the types of Digital Marketing in the industry?
Types of Digital Marketing formats are as follows:
- Social Media Profiles
- Images and Video Content
- Blog Posts and eBooks
- Reviews and Customer Testimonials
- Brandes Logos, Images, or Icons
3. Why has Digital Marketing grown to be this huge compared to offline marketing?
This is the most frequently asked question in a digital marketing interview. In recent years, digital marketing has demonstrated immense power, and here are some of the most compelling reasons:
- Directly relates to customers’ needs
- Good exposure to product outreach and analytics
- A more convenient approach to connect with people from all across the world
- Changes can be implemented almost immediately if needed
4. Differentiate between direct marketing and branding?
- Direct marketing aims to increase a company’s revenue by creating demand. The use of stories in brand marketing allows you to connect with your audience on a much deeper level.
- Direct marketing has a direct impact on top-line revenue. Typically, a high level of urgency and priority is assigned. Brand marketing has a long-term impact on brand equity and serves as a barrier to market pressures. It’s not urgent, but it’s critical.
- Testing and measuring are often on the minds of direct marketers. Differentiation is something that brand marketers consider.
- Response, leads, conversion, and sales are the KPIs used in direct marketing. The focus of brand marketers is on KPIs like awareness, recognition, and engagement.
5. List a few disadvantages of Digital Marketing?
- Skills and training – Make sure your staff has the expertise and experience they need to properly deploy digital marketing. Tools, platforms, and trends change quickly, so being up to date is essential.
- Time-consuming – Duties like optimizing internet advertising campaigns and developing marketing content can consume a significant amount of time.
- High competition – While internet marketing allows you to access a global audience, it also puts you in direct rivalry with others worldwide. It can be challenging to stand out from the crowd and capture attention among the different messages offered by consumers online.
- Complaints and feedback – Any nasty comments or criticism of your brand might be seen by your target audience on social media and review sites. It might be challenging to provide excellent customer service online.
6. List a few Digital Marketing trends for 2021-22?
- Short DIY videos
- Telling a real story or example
- Audience focused content
- Personalized content
- Using AI in content
- Google Discover
- NFTs are used by marketers
7. Which are some of the popular digital marketing tools?
In Digital Marketing, there are a variety of techniques that can be utilized to achieve a specific aim. Here are a few examples:
Google has developed a free analytics platform for all people that lets you track the performance of your social media site, video and app. You can also calculate your advertisements ROI from here.
Ahrefs.com is an excellent tool for backlinks and SEO analysis.
Mailchimp is an email marketing tool that lets you manage and communicate with clients, consumers, and other interested parties from one central location.
The Google Keyword Planner is a tool that can assist you in determining keywords for your Search Network campaigns. It’s a free app that allows you to locate keywords relevant to your business and see how many monthly searches they generate and how much it costs to target them.
Kissmetrics is a comprehensive online analytics software that provides critical website insights and customer engagement.
Keyword Discovery provides you with access to the world’s most comprehensive keyword index, which is compiled from all search engines. Access to consumer search keywords for goods and services, as well as search terms that direct users to your competitors’ websites.
Semrush is a comprehensive toolkit for gaining web visibility and learning about marketing. SEMrush tools and reports will benefit marketers in SEO, PPC, SMM, Keyword Research, Competitive Research, and content marketing services.
Buffer is a small-to-medium-sized business social media management application that allows users to create content, communicate with customers, and track their social media success. Buffer integrates social media networks such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
AdEspresso is a simple and intuitive Facebook ad management and optimization tool.
8. How can you categorize Digital marketing?
Digital marketing can be categorized into Inbound Marketing and Outbound Marketing.
- Inbound marketing pulls in interested customers, whereas outbound marketing doesn’t care about interest.
- Consumer need is considered in inbound marketing, but in outbound marketing, it is done according to the product’s needs.
9. What are the four C’s of Digital Marketing?
Customer – The person who receives the message.
Content – The message that the customer sees is referred to as content.
Context – The message sent to the consumer.
Conversation – This is when you and your consumer have a conversation.
Digital Marketing Interview Questions for SEO
10. Differentiate between Dofollow and Nofollow.
Dofollow: These links allow search engine crawlers to follow a link to give it a boost from search engine result pages and to pass on the link juice (reputation passed on to another website) to the destination site.
Nofollow: These links don’t allow search engine crawlers to follow the link. The also doesn’t pass on any link juice to the destination domain.
Eg: <ahref=”http://www.XYZ.com/” rel=”nofollow”>XYZ</a>
11. What is a 301 redirect? How different is it from a 302 Redirect?
The 301 redirect tells the user and search engine bots that the original web page has permanently moved to another location. 302, on the other hand, only serves as a temporary redirect and does not pass on the link juice to the new location.
12. Why are backlinks important in SEO?
Backlinks are external links to your website that can help with:
- Improved credibility for your website
- Increased domain authority
- Gaining organic search ranking
- Increased referral traffic
13. What are the best practices to rank your YouTube videos?
- Create content that’s informative and engaging
- Optimize your videos. Some ways to do this are:
- The title needs to have a high search volume and low difficulty
- The description needs to be relevant to the title you’ve chosen
- Accurate and relevant video tags need to be used
- Your title tag must be under 100 characters
- Use a captivating thumbnail and relevant hashtag
- Promote your content on other social media platforms
14. What is Mobile-First Indexing?
Google uses content that’s mobile-friendly for indexing and ranking websites. If your website has a responsive design, Google will rank it higher up on search engine results. It bases this ranking on how well your website performs on mobile devices.
15. List the most popular local SEO ranking factors.
- Creating a webpage for each product and service
- Opting for a business listing on the Google My Business webpage
- Updating NAP citations on your website and maintaining consistency
- Embedding a google map
- Optimizing your meta tags and content
- Adding your business to local libraries
- Opting for reviews and ratings
16. How to avoid the content penalty for duplicates?
Some of the ways to avoid this are:
- To use a 301 redirect to the original URL
- To use a rel=canonical attribute to the original content. This tells the search engine that a specific URL represents the original webpage
- To opt for a preferred domain in the Google Search Console. This can redirect spiders to crawl web pages in different ways
17. What are the ways in which you can Increase Web page speed?
- Using simple website design
- By optimizing images
- Improving server response times
- Reducing redirects
- Enabling browser caching
- Opting for a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Check out this article to know how web page speed affects SERP.
18. When should Short Tail and Long Tail keywords be targeted?
Short tail keywords work best when the objective is to drive many visitors to your website. On the other hand, long-tail keywords are usually used for targeted pages like product pages and articles.
19. What are some important elements to focus on while developing a website?
- Site architecture and navigation: Good site architecture is important for bots to access and index the content easily
- Responsive design: This makes your website user and mobile-friendly. It will also increase the amount of time a user spends on your site, by extension also improving your site’s ranking
- Create sitemap: It helps search engine bots understand the structure of your website
- Robot.txt: This instructs search engine crawlers to understand which pages don’t need to be indexed. It is added to the website’s root directory
Next up in this digital marketing interview questions article, let’s cover questions related to Search Engine Marketing.
20. What are the most effective ways to increase traffic to your website?
Some of the most effective and proven ways to increase traffic to your website include:
- Optimizing your content with relevant keywords
- Creating targeted and user friendly landing pages
- Creating super engaging and high-quality, unique content
- Using digital ads to promote your website
- Improve your local search
21. What are on-page and off-page optimization?
From a birds eye view, on-page SEO refers to the factors and techniques that are specifically focused on optimizing aspects of your site that are under your control. On the other hand, off-page SEO refers to the optimization factors and strategies focused on promoting your site or brand. You can learn about it thoroughly in this tutorial.
22. What is AMP?
AMP, i.e., Accelerated Mobile Pages allow you to create mobile pages that load instantly, helping visitors better engage with the page instead of bouncing off. You can dig deeper into AMP, use cases, strategies and more here.
23. What is the use of anchor tags in SEO?
Anchor tags are basically tags that are attached to a word or a phrase, that brings down the readers to a different section of the page as opposed to another webpage. This means you are creating a unique URL within the same page. Some of the benefits of using the anchor tags include:
- No scrolling
- Keeping things in order
24. Explain what is the significance of CTR and how do you calculate it?
The CTR, i.e., Click Through Rate is the ratio of the number of clicks on a specific link to the number of times people were exposed to the link. CTR is a very important metric because it indicates how your audiences are reacting to your assets, and helps you understand what works and what doesn’t. A low CTR might mean that you’re targeting the wrong audience or your language or style is relevant to your target audience, and not able to lure them well in order to help them click.
25. What can you do to improve your conversion rates?
Some of the best practices to improve your conversion rates include:
- You can start with defining your website’s goals
- Next, collect and analyze your visitor data
- You must perform competitor analysis
- Optimizing layouts of your critical pages can also prove to be extremely helpful
Digital Marketing Interview Questions for SEM/PPC
26. Explain what Google AdWords is.
Google AdWords is a pay-per-click (PPC) internet advertising platform developed by Google that allows companies to reach a possible targeted audience by running adverts.
Google AdWords, unlike other pay-per-click services like Facebook Ads, gives advertisers two options for reaching potential customers:
- Google’s Search Network is an excellent place to start.
- You’ll find it on Google’s Display Network.
27. Can you tell us a few Google AdWords Ad Extensions names that you know?
- Sitelink extensions
- Location extensions
- Call extensions
- App extensions
- Review extensions
- Callout extensions
- Structured snippet extensions
- Price extensions
- Automated extensions report
- Image extensions
- Previous visits
- Dynamic sitelink extensions
- Dynamic structured snippets
28. What is Pay-Per-Click? Explain your strategies to make your PPC campaign more effective?
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising is a kind of online advertising in which you only pay when someone clicks on your ad on a search engine. After this, create a list of the most acceptable tactics for making efficient use of PPC based on your preferences.
29. Explain how Ad Ranks are calculated.
Google Ads uses an Ad Rank calculation technique to calculate ad rankings on SERPs. Ads with a higher Ad Ranking appear at the top of the page and vice versa. Multiply the CPC bid by the Quality score to get your Ad Rank.
30. What is Ad Scheduling?
Ad scheduling enables marketers to set up specific hours or days during which we show advertisements to an audience. It can also make bid adjustments for a specific day or time.
Some of the advantages of ad scheduling are:
- It ensures that the ads that are not running in those hours during which they performed poorly previously
- Ensuring customers are served when you have limited client service hours
- Making sure customer demand and supply is addressed
31. What are the different ad formats available on Google Ads?
- Text ads: These ads only have the text content and are found on Google’s SERP
- Responsive display ads: These ads adjust their size and format depending on the space available. They can be text or image ads
- Image ads: These ads use static or interactive images. They can also have these formats: .gif, .jpeg, flash, etc.
- App promotion ads: These ads are used to drive app downloads
- Video ads: These ads can be run stand-alone or inserted into other video content that’s streaming
- Product shopping ads: These ads show product details like title, price, and store name
- Showcase shopping ads: These ads have an image and a description that expands on being clicked, providing product and store information
- Call-only ads: These ads enable users to connect to your business directly using the phone number provided
32. What is RLSA, and how does it work?
RLSA or Remarketing Lists for Search Ads enables you to customize your search ad campaigns for people who have already visited your website. Bids and ads can be tailored to cater to these visitors when they’re on Google and its other search partner sites.
This lets you optimize your existing keywords for visitors and to bid on keywords that you rarely bid on.
33. What types of audiences can be used in GDN?
34. What are the types of Keyword Matching available in Google Ads?
These are parameters that can be set on your keywords to control the kinds of searches that can trigger your advertisements.
- Broad match: These ads appear when a user searches for any word in your key phrase
- Phrase match: It only shows these ads when the user searches for your exact keyword phrase, in its precise orders. Additional words at the beginning or the end are acceptable.
- Exact match: It shows these ads only when users search the exact keyword phrase
35. What are some of the reasons as to why your ads could have been rejected?
The only reason they could disapprove of an ad is that it violated Google’s advertising policies. Some of the policies are:
- Prohibited content: Content that cannot be advertised on the Google Network
- Restricted content: Content you can advertise, with limitations
- Prohibited practices: Things you can’t do, if you want to advertise with Google
- Editorial and Technical: Quality standards for your ads, websites, and ads
36. What are the different kinds of bidding available in Google Ads?
- CPC: CPC, or Cost-Per-Click, is a bidding method that enables you to set up a maximum price on the cost of someone clicking on your ad. You only have to pay when a viewer clicks on your advertisement
- CPV: CPV or Cost-Per-View, is a method that defaults to set the price you will pay for your video ads. You only have to pay when a person watches your ad
- CPM: CPM or Cost-Per-Impression, is the amount of money you pay each time your ad is displayed in the Google Display Network or Google Search Network. You pay for the impressions generated by your ad
37. What are some automatic bidding strategies?
Automated bidding enables google to automatically set a bid amount based on the likelihood of your ad getting a click or conversion. Some of the strategies you can pick are:
- Increased site visits: Maximize clicks: This strategy automatically sets your bids to help to get as many clicks as possible within your budget
- Increase visibility: Target impression share: This strategy sets your bids with the goal of showing your ad on the top of the page or anywhere in the SERP
- Get more conversions: Target CPA: This strategy sets Search or Display bids to get as many conversions as possible
- Meet target return on ad spend: Target ROAS: This strategy automatically sets your bids to help get as much conversion value at the target return on ad spend you spend
- Get more conversions while working under your budget: Maximize Conversions: This strategy sets bids to help you get the most conversions for your campaign while spending your budget
38. What is the quality score in Google Ads?
The quality score gives users an understanding of the quality of their ads. The score ranges from 1 to 10 for each keyword, shows your ad’s quality, and the landing pages triggered by them. It ranks these ads based on expected CTR, ad relevance, and landing page experience. A high-quality score shows that Google considers your ad and your landing page useful and relevant to people searching for that particular keyword.
39. What are the hallmarks of a good PPC landing page?
- A powerful and attractive headline
- Having an effective and persuasive copy
- Providing engaging content like images, videos, gifs, etc.
- Enough white space to draw the user’s attention to specific elements in the page
- Adding trust indicators like statistical evidence, testimonials, etc.
- Having a well-designed lead capture form
- Having a strong call to action
Now, moving on in this digital marketing interview questions article, let’s talk about questions about Email Marketing.
Digital Marketing Interview Questions for Email Marketing
40. What are the key differences between hard and soft bounce emails?
Soft Bounce: This shows that the email had reached the recipient’s email server but bounced back for some reason. The reason can be the following:
- Being blocked by the recipient
- The recipient’s inbox is full
- The recipient’s server is down
Hard Bounce: A hard bounce happens when the email has been permanently blocked. Some reasons can be:
- The recipient’s email address is invalid
- Your reply-to-address is blacklisted
41. What would you do to improve the Click-through-rate of your email?
- Create an interesting subject line
- Using the preview text effectively
- Making your emails mobile-friendly
- Creating engaging email content
- Segmenting and personalizing your emails
- Making your emails visually appealing and including relevant images
- Placing the CTA where it’s easily visible to visitors
- A/B Testing your emails
42. How to inform your customers about company news and establish a relationship with them?
One of the best ways to do this is with newsletters. Some of the best ways to create a newsletter email are:
- Creating a newsletter with 90% educational content and 10% promotional content
- Creating an interesting subject line
- Using the right email template
- Using compelling images
- Adding a clear CTA
- Including your contact information in the newsletter
43. Define the following metrics – Open Rate, Click-through Rate, Response Rate, and Forward Rate.
- Open Rate: It is the percentage of the total number of recipients who opened an email campaign. Open rate = Emails opened/Emails sent – Emails bounced
- CTR: It is the percentage of recipients that have clicked on your CTA.
- CTR = Number of click-throughs/Number of delivered emails
- Response Rate: The percentage of total recipients who clicked on your email campaign link and completed an action.
- Response rate = No. of actions taken/No. of emails delivered
- Forward Rate: This refers to the rate at which your subscribers share your emails with others.
- Forward Rate = No. of clicks on a share/No. of total delivered emails * 100
44. How to recapture inactive customers?
- Re-engaging subscribers with gamification
- Opting for interesting subject lines
- Running polls or competitions to re-engage with users
- Personalizing your emails
- Providing an attractive email design
- Following a consistent schedule
- Asking for customer feedback
Have you got any doubts about this article about digital marketing interview questions? Leave a comment below!
45. What are different ways to segment buyer personas?
- Geographic segmentation: With this, you can target your audience based on your geographic details like city, state, country, and continent
- Demographic segmentation: We can segment the audience based on age, education, income, gender, occupation, nationality, and much more
- Behavioral segmentation: It segments the audience based on their behavior and decision-making patterns such as purchase, online activity, search history, and much more
46. How would you drive repeat customers through email marketing for this scenario?
Driving engagement for an audience based on:
47. What is A/B Testing and give some examples of A/B Testing?
A/B testing is a method to analyze the two email campaigns to determine which are more effective in terms of high open rates and click rates.
Some of the variables that can be tested are:
- Subject line (Example: “50% off on clothes” vs. “Discounts on clothes”)
- Email design (such as font, font color, email content size, etc.)
- Personalization (Example: “Mr. Park” vs. “Park”)
- Preview text
- CTA (For example: “Shop Now!” vs. “Buy Now”)
- Exclusive offer (Example: “Save 10%” vs. “Get free shipping”)
48. How to prevent an email from getting into spam?
- Improve your open rate by creating compelling subject lines and segmenting your audience
- Always include a “from” name
- Checking if you’ve added an “Unsubscribe” link
- Optimizing emails for different devices
- Optimizing your images for email
- Preferring more text and fewer images
- Avoiding grammatical errors
49. What are the best practices for email subject lines?
- Including a number in your subject line
- Including an emoji in your subject line
- Personalizing subject lines for better open rates
- Opting for title case subject lines
- Watching the length of your subject line
- Developing a sense of urgency
- Avoiding grammatical mistakes
Next up in this digital marketing interview questions article, let’s cover questions related to Social Media Marketing.
50. How do you respond to negative comments?
- Be quick to acknowledge it: Acknowledge the comments and start constructive engagement to convert the negative experience to a positive one
- See things from the customer’s perspective: Consider reactions from the side of the customer. Try to understand why they feel the way they do and what you can do to fix it
- Take it out of the spotlight: Try to solve the problem in an appropriate forum, like emails, phone, or any other available method
- Keep track: Stay connected with your customer even after you solve the situation to strengthen your bond further
- Ignore the trolls: Ignoring them ensures they don’t enjoy the notoriety
51. Give an example of a successful social media campaign.
Spotify mined their search and playlist data of its user base to develop thematic, branded ad experiences on billboards in 18 markets worldwide.
These ads were featured on the side of buildings, subway platforms, and along busy streets for maximum visibility and enabled their fans to upload them to social media.
Hope, so far it was clear and easy to understand. In case of any doubts, please write your questions in the below comment section of this article digital marketing interview questions.
52. What are the types of Facebook ads?
- Single image ads: These are single image advertisements with an optional text on top, a link description that links to your website, and a call to action. The ad images need to be 1200×628 pixels
- Multi-product ads: These are usually represented in carousel form, allowing your users to view the range of products that you offer along with a call-to-action
- Video ads: Video ads that usually range from a few seconds to 120 minutes are among the most engaging forms of advertisements on Facebook. They receive about 10% to 30% more views than other forms of ads
- Lead ads: These allow you to obtain user details like their names, their email IDs, or phone numbers without leaving Facebook
- Slideshow ads: Slideshow ads allow you to create interactive advertisements with interesting imagery, image carousels, zooming detail, and tilting views to complete immersive user experiences using a combination of single, multi-image, and video ads
- Collection Ads: Collection ads combine video, slideshow, or product images taken from your product catalog. This format works best for users who want to advertise several of their products all at once
53. How can you use the holiday season for social media marketing?
- Changing ad placements to ones that are less commonly used by other advertisers
- Setting up clear, simple, and compelling offers for users
- Making sure your images have only 20% text
- Making sure advertisements emotionally resonate with your audience
- Constantly monitoring reports scale successful ad campaigns or to put ones that aren’t working on pause
- Connecting the holiday with your products/services
If you have any doubts, please write your questions in the below comment section of the article digital marketing interview questions.
54. How can you make content go viral?
- Create short-form content
- Visual content like images and video work better
- Running giveaways to draw attention and generate brand awareness and engagement
- Using trending hashtags and topics on your posts
- Asking users to interact
55. How would you measure the social media marketing success of an organization?
- For conversion: Track content downloads, online sales, webinar registrations, lead generation, form submissions, and so forth
- For engagement: learn how many people participate in the conversation: how many comments, replies, reposts, or retweets are the posts generating?
- For awareness: Check for reach, volume, and exposure to learn how widely your message is spreading
- For driving traffic to the website: track clicks, URL shares, and conversions, along with the path people are using to enter various pages on your website
56. What are some things to focus on when advertising on Twitter?
- Emphasizing urgency to make sure users take immediate action
- Express discounts in percentages, rather than in currency value
- Avoiding hashtags that don’t pertain to your brand or product
- Keeping your ad copy short and to the point
- Making sure your ads are mobile-friendly
57. How can you use social media to promote your event?
- Having affiliates, fans and attendees share resources about the event
- Remarketing your event to potential attendees
- Using photos of attendees in social media updates
- Creating a uniform hashtag that can be shared across multiple channels
- Mentioning the vent in all social media bios
- Creating a highlight reel from prior events
- Sharing behind the scenes images and videos
- Sharing pictures of guest speakers along with their quotes
58. How can you perform A/B testing on your ads?
Do continuous A/B Testing to figure out what works and what doesn’t in your ad. You can change around the color of elements, images, text, call to action, element positions, and the audience you’re targeting. Testing can be done initially on broader elements and then eventually on smaller, finer details like statements in your ad copy. It can also be performed on a single parameter.
59. What are some things to focus on when setting up your Ad creative?
- Use an ad creative that’s attention-grabbing and is relevant for your business
- Use a primary, but a bold color scheme
- Don’t use clip-art in your ad creative Don’t use low-resolution, pixelated images
- Use images that are well lit
- Decide on the aesthetic you want for your creativity. Clean and minimal or colorful and vibrant? Take the call
- To create attention-grabbing ads, show images of people benefiting from your product instead of just the product itself
- Make sure your advertisement works for your brand without requiring an explanatory copy
60. What KPIs do you use in social media reporting?
Some of the common KPIs for social media reporting includes:
- Followers growth
- Traffic conversions
- Social interactions
- Social shares
And finally, in this digital marketing interview questions article, let’s talk about questions related to Content Marketing.
Digital Marketing Interview Questions for Content Marketing
61. What are the essential components of good web content?
- Usefulness: Web content should be written in a way that caters to what the users want. This affects user engagement and how well it ranks in the search engine
- Engagement: Adding elements like content structure, headlines, images, videos, and infographics to make it more engaging
- Call-to-action: The content must be written in a way that can drive a call to action
- Credibility: The information in the content must be from a legitimate source
- Originality: Ensure your content isn’t plagiarized, as this can have a negative impact on the company’s reputation
62. What are the types of content you can create?
Content marketing involves stimulating interest in a brand’s products/services by creating and sharing online material.
63. What are the advantages of having a content calendar?
- Never missing important dates: A content calendar will ensure you don’t miss out on how you can elevate your brand and engage with your followers
- Stick to a consistent posting schedule: With this, your potential followers are shown how invested you are in the channel and creates a long-lasting relationship with then
- Finding an ideal content mixture: Learn to mix around your content like articles, videos, news stories, and more
- Saving time: A content calendar helps prepare you for future events
- Figure out what works: Planning out your posts puts less strain on you and your team members. It also reduces strain on company resources
- Ensure fresh content: A content calendar will ensure that the new content you make isn’t replicated
- Figure out what works: It makes it easier to measure results and optimize performance
64. What type of content works in each stage of the customer lifecycle?
65. How do you decide what topic/subject to write on?
- Identify your target audience and their needs
- Research keywords and associate keywords
- Analyze conversations on social media
- Analyze conversations of competitors
- Keep track of blogs and articles from subject matter experts, commentators, etc.
66. How do you decide the tone of your content?
- Brand personality: The characteristics of a brand are the guidelines based on which the content strategy is developed. The tone of the content must align itself to the content strategy
- Audience profile: Determining who the audience is and how the brand wants to be seen by the target audience are important questions that help decide the style and tone of writing
- Channel: The content you create must be irrespective of the channel and consistent with brand attributes
67. How do you promote your content once it’s live?
- Sending an email broadcast: Once new content goes live, sending an email broadcast can encourage users to check it out
- Engage with your community: Using social media groups, content promotion networks, and online communities to connect with your audience
- Pay to promote: Advertise on platforms like Facebook and Instagram to help your content get higher reach and impression
- Reach out on social media: Targeting interested people directly will improve content visibility
- Write for others: Attract people from the web to important page on your website by performing guest posting and blogging
68. How can you determine how well your content is doing?
- Search engine results
- Traffic and repeat traffic
- Engagement – Likes, shares, comments, etc.
- Call to action – Inquiries, lead, sales, etc.
69. What are the steps involved in the content marketing process?
- Decide what goal you want to achieve with your content marketing campaign
- Define buyer personas to determine the audience best suited for your content
- Run content audits to determine the best type of content that can be used
- Choose an appropriate content management system
- Start brainstorming ideas for new content
- Settle on a particular type of content you want to create
- Publish and manage your content
70. How do you target the right audience for your content?
Collecting demographics of your target audience based on website visitors, email subscribers, and social media followers
Miscellaneous Digital Marketing Interview Questions
71. What are the most effective ways to increase traffic to your website?
The most efficient and popular strategies to boost website traffic are:
- Paid searches
- Implement backlinks in display advertising
- Content promotion
- Making catchy headlines
- Video Marketing
- SEO initiatives
- content improvement
- using long-tail keyword targeting
- Guests posting
- In search of referral traffic
- LinkedIn content posting
- Linking Internally, using Email
72. What are the key areas where you can use keywords to optimise your site ranking?
The following places can utilise keywords to improve page ranking:
- URL of the website
- Title of the website
- Meta title
- Meta description
- Headlines in the body
- Text of a website
- Image titles
73. What are the different types of SEO?
The different SEO types include:
- Technical SEO: Technological factors that impact a website’s exposure in search engines
- On-page SEO: How to improve the page’s user and search engine friendliness
- Content SEO: The calibre of the content and suggestions for improvement
- Off-page SEO: Methods you might employ to advertise your website online
- Local SEO: When you want people to come into your local store
- Mobile SEO: Mobile-specific SEO
- E-commerce SEO: Optimising an entire e-commerce website.
74. What are on-page and off-page optimization?
On-page SEO is a technique for improving specific web pages for them to rank better and receive more relevant traffic from search engines. It is a factor that influences how any website and web pages appear in organic search results on various search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Off-page optimization describes a method for enhancing a website’s ranking on a search engine results page (SERPS). Off-page SEO, sometimes confused with link building, is utilised in promotion strategies like social bookmarking, blogging, and website design.
75. Explain Google AdWords Remarketing.
Google AdWords Remarketing enables websites to display tailored adverts to users who have already visited their website. These advertisements will be displayed to previous visitors as they browse the internet, watch YouTube videos, or read news websites, to name a few. This will keep your brand in front of them and encourage them to return.
76. What is the limit for the characters in Adwords Ads?
The descriptions should be at most 90 characters, and the headlines and subheadings should be at most 30.
77. What can be the ideal approach for effective PPC campaigns?
The following are some ideal approaches for effective PPC campaigns:
- To increase your audience, add more PPC keywords
- Create smaller ad pieces to increase clickthrough rates (CTR)
- Examine underperforming PPC terms
- Streamline landing pages to match search terms
- Including negative keywords could lead to improved marketing relevance
78. What can you do to improve your conversion rates?
The following ways can help you increase your conversion rates:
- Implement a CRO planner
- Shorten and streamline your forms
- Don’t forget social proof
- Insert live chat
- Check out your offers
- Test A/B combinations
- Boost confidence and reduce conflict
- Build email campaigns for abandoned carts
- Make your value proposition known
- Create your landing pages with multimedia components
- Write compelling CTAs
- Remove any unneeded distractions
- Satisfy the expectations of your audience
- Speed up your website
- Improve for mobile
- Improve the buying experience
- Use originality in your mobile marketing
- Make necessary changes to your mobile website
- Make your material local
79. Explain a responsive web design.
Using HTML and CSS to automatically resize a website to look nice on desktops, tablets, and phones are known as responsive web design.
80. What are the limitations of Online Marketing?
The following are the major limitations of online marketing:
- As online marketing is convenient and affordable, it has gained popularity as a tool for most firms. Hence, in such fierce competition, standing apart can become difficult and overwhelming.
- There is so much data, information, and a barrage of technologies that it is simple to become confused. A lot of practice and experience are needed to make sense of it all.
- Analytics are only as useful as their user. Using raw data requires an understanding of analytics and how to read and use it. Sometimes analytics may prove deceptive, leading you to chase pointless metrics and spend money in erroneous places.
81. What is the difference between SEO and SEM?
SEO focuses on making your website better to appear higher in search results and draw in more natural traffic. To increase organic and paid website visitors, SEM employs SEO and paid techniques like pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
82. What is the use of anchor tags in SEO?
A hyperlink’s visible and clickable content is known as the anchor text. The terms in an anchor text can affect the placement of a page’s search engine.
83. What is Content Marketing?
By creating and broadcasting relevant articles, videos, podcasts etc., a brand employs content marketing as a marketing tactic to draw in, hold onto, and grow an audience. When it’s time to buy what you sell, people will think of your company first, thanks to this promotional strategy of brand awareness and establishment of competence.
89. How should companies measure Social Media Marketing Success?
Success is determined using several criteria, such as traffic, leads, and clients. For example, you may determine a brand’s social media reach by counting their followers on its social media platforms. How many customers each their website, how many of them convert to qualified leads and then customers are the criteria that determine success.
90. What is AMP?
Accelerated Mobile Pages, or AMP, is the abbreviation. The goal of this project from Twitter and Google is to create quick mobile pages. An open-source package called AMP assists in building small web pages that load quickly. It allows marketers and publishers to build mobile-friendly web pages that are supported across various devices and compatible with all kinds of browsers.
91. What KPIs do you use in social media reporting?
The most widely used KPIs for social media reporting are:
- Data on traffic
- Brand mentions
- Active followers
92. Explain what the significance of CTR is and how you calculate it.
The number of visitors visiting your promotion’s internet page is indicated by the CTR or click-through rate. CTR is calculated using the formula: number of snaps/number of impressions x 100
93. What are the 3 ingredients of Digital Marketing?
These are the three components of digital marketing:
94. Which platform would you prefer to put job-related advertisements on?
LinkedIn is a great platform to put job-related advertisements. This is because professionals and job seekers frequently access it, and your advertisement will reach the intended target.
95. Why should you use YouTube for Digital Marketing?
The most popular video-sharing website worldwide is YouTube, a division of Google. On average, 300 hours of video are posted to YouTube every minute, and the site receives 1 billion mobile views every day. Simply told, YouTube is a fantastic tool to use if you’re thinking about making videos for online distribution because you’ll eventually be able to monetize them.
96. How can you drive digital traffic to your site immediately?
One effective technique to quickly direct traffic to your website is by utilising social media with postings that link back to it. Moreover, posts with promotions, prizes, competitions, and other interesting, timely content might be successful. Some effective strategies for gaining leads rapidly include participating in online public relations, such as preparing press releases for online distribution or responding to questions as a subject expert.
97. What is conversion optimization?
Conversion optimization involves figuring out how to improve a website’s ratio of visitors to actual consumers. A site visitor who converts does something other than simply going through the content and leaving. A/B testing, which compares two web pages that have distinct designs or content. This is done to evaluate which produces more conversions. This is one method for increasing conversions.
98. How to measure the ROI of any channel?
To calculate, take the product line’s sales increase, deduct the marketing expenses, and divide the result by the marketing expense.
ROI = (Sales Growth – Marketing Expense) / Marketing Expense.
99. What is the difference between CPC and EPC?
The cost-per-click (CPC) pricing model establishes the price of several PPC (pay-per-click) advertising methods. This also includes Google’s AdWords. In affiliate marketing, the term EPC (Earnings per 100 Clicks) is used to measure the average profits an affiliate can expect to make over a week per 100 clicks made.
100. Differentiate between AdWords and AdSense.
Together, AdWords and AdSense make up Google’s advertising network. Key differences are:
- Businesses advertise on the Google network using AdWords, and publishers reserve space on their websites for AdWords placements using AdSense.
- Companies pay AdWords, and website owners get paid through AdSense.
- Both AdSense and AdWords have different setup procedures.
- Website owners place Google’s ads (AdSense) on their sites, while advertisers select budgets and ads to appear on the network (AdWords).
With this, we come to an end of this article on “Digital Marketing Interview Questions”. I believe the content was relevant and added value to your knowledge of Digital Marketing.
What’s Next For You?
Now that we’ve covered some digital marketing interview questions, you can take the next step by taking up Simplilearn’s IMT Ghaziabad Digital Marketing Program and making a splash in Digital Marketing. With this course, you can learn about popular tools such as Crazy Egg, Feng-GUI, SEMrush, Buffer, and MailChimp. You can also prepare yourself for OCMA, Google Ads, Facebook, HootSuite, and HubSpot exams.
Do you have any questions for us? Please mention them in the comment section of this digital marketing interview questions article, and we’ll have our experts answer it for you right away.